Chef (NOC 6321)Toronto - ON, Ontario,CANADA
Title: Chef (NOC 6321)
Company: Tangerine Asian Cuisine
Business & Work Location: 12260 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario
Type of Employment: Full-time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
Wage: $38,000 Eligible for bonuses and salary increases as per company policies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
In the proud tradition of the Hakka Chinese in India, Tangerine Asian Cuisine restaurant has mastered the art of combining the right spices and ingredients to provide a savory symphony of Indian Style Hakka Chinese flavor. Our restaurant is looking for an experienced individual who specializes in Indian Style Hakka Chinese dishes to join our team. The detailed responsibilities of the position include:
- Plan menus to ensure that the restaurant’s choices authentically reflect the Indian Style Hakka Chinese flavours;
- Prepare and cook complete Indian Style Hakka Chinese dishes;
- Oversee food preparation to ensure the appropriate use of spices and ingredients;
- Provide training to new hires and coordinate with management in all other areas of kitchen operations; and
- Estimate food requirements, supplies and labour costs for the restaurant.
Full Requirements and Skill Set:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working as a chef in a Hakka Chinese restaurant;
- Knowledgeable of food costs & supplies, ordering, and inventory management;
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment;
- Capable of working evenings, weekends and holidays.
- In-depth knowledge of Hakka cuisine and cooking techniques
- Ability to communicate in Hakka, Cantonese, Mandarin or Hindi is considered an asset