Job Title: COOK – (Indian Cuisine)
Employer: Desi Bites Restaurant Ltd.
Job Location: 12877 80 Ave Surrey, BC V3W4E9
Positions Available: 2
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $15 per hour plus benefits as per employment standards act.
Hours: 40 hours per week.
Overtime: $22.5 /hr (overtime paid after exceeding 40 hrs / week)
Language: Basic knowledge of English is required.
Minimum Education: High School
Experience: Min. 1 year
Job Duties and Requirements:
Prepare and cook full course meals according to the menu and/or guest preferences if asked for, assist in introducing new dishes to the menu. Prepare and cook Indian Vegetarian and Non vegetarian Curry dishes like butter chicken, chilli chicken, goat curry, Navratan Korma , Shahi paneer, lamb curry , mix vegetable , fish curry, mushroom chilly ,pakoras, tandoori dishes, rice, roti, naan etc.
• Always inspect the quality and freshness of the ingredients prior to preparations
• Ensure that food preparation and serving areas are clean and hygienic. Clean and sanitize work areas and equipment following proper procedures.
• Wash, peel, and cut vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
• Be proficient in the use of all kitchen equipment including fryers, ovens, grills etc.
• Oversee kitchen operations and staff by scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers. Train new staff.
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment.
• Date, rotate and check inventory in order to minimize waste and maximize quality
Other Hiring Criteria:
• Team oriented with the ability to act in the best interest of the restaurant.
Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory, Continuous learning
Must be authorized to work in Canada. Attention to detail, handling heavy loads, work under pressure, repetitive tasks, standing for extended periods, physically demanding, fast - paced environment, overtime required should be available early mornings, late evenings, and weekends, shift work.
Additional Skills: Prepare dishes for customers with allergies or intolerances.
How to Apply