HR Manager / Internal RecruiterHamilton - ON, Ontario,CANADA
Echelon Global intends to hire an experienced HR/Internal Recruiter with a proven track record, to search, attract, screen, select and recruit qualified and talented personnel to fill our job openings in line with future product launch.
Echelon Global is determined to peruse its growth strategythat require a highly motivated and organised individual to work alongside the Managing Director to acquire new talent for team building and ensure the smooth operations of the company. The role is based in Hamilton, Ontario.
The main objective of this role:
To lead, manage and direct a team responsible for sales and operational HR services including recruitment, training administration, employment, organisational structures and HR queries, advice and policy.Leading the day to day HR activities across the business, working closely with managing director to influence and drive forward organisational and strategic objectives, in line with expansion strategy.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Development of HR manuals and policies aligned with the company strategy.
- Working with senior management to develop a framework of plans and performance metrics.
- Formulate and write all job descriptions in line with business objectives
- Efficiently & effectively fill open positions through extensive hiring process.
- Use job posting & headhunting for recruitment purposes
- Source and attract candidates by using databases, social media, etc.
- Screen CV’s to evaluate if they meet the position requirements
- Conduct interviews with all prospects before formal shortlisting for job vacancies
- Assist in interviewing and selecting employees onsite.
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Manage the induction of new staff member including updating the CRM systems with the correct personal information.
- Make sure all staff documentation is appropriately recorded and organised.
- Excellent track record of talent acquisition and employee relations in IT and Telecom service industry.
- Strong analytical approach with proven track record of effective problem solving skills.
- Computer literate with strong experience of using MS Office.
- Experience of HR outsourcing environment and procedures.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to accept responsibility for own learning and development including continuous professional development.
- Strong decision making skills with proven background in recruitment, preferably in the ICT and Telecom sector.
- Extensive organisational skills and a diligent attention to detail essential.
- Possess influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills.
- Effective oral & written communication skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws & practices and global best practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Knowledge and Education:
- University Master’s degree with a focus in Human Resources Management, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years plus experience in a senior Human Resources role with practical experience in all key functional areas, including advanced HR knowledge of Employee Relations, Recruitment and Selection, Training and Development, Performance Management, Compensation and Benefits, and Employee Communications.
- Managerial skills including selection, coaching and counselling team members, evaluating performance, team building, and allocating and coordinating resources.
Echelon Global is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Echelon Global is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.