PERSONAL CARE ATTENDANT/LIVE-IN CAREGIVER (NOC 4412)Toronto - ON, Ontario,CANADA
Single, senior (75+) seeking personal care attendant/live-in caregiver to assist with general daily living and to provide primary care to patient with on-going medical conditions.
Applicants should have medical and home support training (but do not need to be presently licensed in Ontario). Also, applicant should have a minimum of seven (7) months’ experience working with the elderly, be organized, detailed oriented and personable.
All Permanent Residence, Canadian Citizens, Indigenous Persons, Newcomers, and Visible Minorities are welcome to apply.
Company Name: Monique Maynard
Business/work location Address: 1109 – 1 Palace Pier CRT, Toronto, Ontario, M8V 3W9
Position: Personal Care Attendant/Live-in Caregiver - Senior
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours/weekly
Work Conditions: 5 days per week (days/evenings/weekends); Live-in accommodations
Physical Conditions: Combination of sitting, standing, walking, lifting, repetitive tasks, bending, crouching, kneeling
Contact: Monique Maynard, 1109 – 1 Palace Pier CRT, Toronto, Ontario, M8V 3W9, Email: email@example.com
- Post-secondary education in medical and home support
- Nursing background is an asset
- Seven (7) months to one (1) year experience working with the elderly, preferably female
- Administer bedside and nursing/personal care such as aid in ambulation, bathing personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing;
- Provide care and companionship during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption;
- Monitor patient’s medications and update health charts;
- Document and report any changes in client’s health status;
- Shop for food and household supplies, some cooking, perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties accompany employer to doctors’ appointments, drive employer should they require it, provide personal care, administer medication, assist with medically advised exercise.
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized, able to work independently, able to assist with and understand the basics of personal banking.