ISHER TRANSPORT LTDOthers BC, British Columbia,CANADA
Employer: ISHER TRANSPORT LTD.
Location: 8051 Hyde Street, Mission BC V2V 3V1.
Job Title: Truck Driver, Long Haul (NOC Truck Drivers 7411 / 7511)
Positions Available: 4
Term: Permanent Full time.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Education: No formal education required
Language: Basic English is required. (ESL OK)
Experience: No experience is required. On job training will be provided. Previous experience is an asset.
Driver’s License (Class 1 or A) / Equivalent to ICBC requirement of Class 1 License, Air Brake (Z) Endorsement is required.
Basic Documentation knowledge is required, training will be provided.
Reading text, Numeracy, Communication, Working with others, Problem-solving, Ability to stay focused, decision-making abilities, attention to detail, excellent driving skills and judgment.
• Operate and drive a long-haul truck, to transport finished goods and raw materials overland to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers.
• Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting goods.
• Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
• Maintain log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts daily, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution.
• Perform pre-trip, on-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment, and accessories such as tires, lights and turn signals and brakes.
• Perform emergency roadside repairs.
• May drive as part of a two-person team.
• Manage trip reports, maintenance reports, inspection reports.
• Planning daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
• Competitive Wage.
• Internal growth opportunities.
• Open door to provide ideas to improve efficiencies and performance.
• Team oriented friendly environment.
Please apply to email@example.com or mail your resume at ISHER TRANSPORT LTD.
8051 Hyde Street, Mission BC V2V 3V1
Shortlisted candidates will be called in for an interview. Aboriginal, youth & Newcomers can also apply.
Driver’s License (Class 1 or A) / equivalent to ICBC Class 1 License, Air Brake (Z) Endorsement is required.