Lathers - NOC 7284Vancouver - BC, British Columbia,CANADA
Salary : $26.75/Hourly
Language : English
Experience : 1 to 3 years of relevant experience or A Diploma/Apprenticeship program in lathing.
Minimum Education : Secondary School
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Start Date of Employment : As soon as possible
- Wire plasterer's channels to the overhead structural framework to provide support for plaster or acoustical ceiling tile.
- Install corner beads and wire mesh around beams to which plaster is to be applied.
- Attach metal or gypsum lath to studs or furring using nails, screws, clips or wire ties.
- Erect horizontal metal framework to which laths are fastened, using nails, bolts, and stud gun.
- Install metal stud framing and furring for interior drywall or plaster walls and ceilings, using hand and power tools.
- May install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboard or lath.
- Prepare wall and ceiling layouts.
- Cut openings in lath, using a portable electric tool, and drive ends of wooden or metal studs for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets.
Personal Suitability Flexibility, Team player, Dependability, Judgement, Reliability.
Additional Skills & Responsibilities:
Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages, supervise other workers, instruct apprentices, estimate costs and materials, Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms.
Work Setting: Residential, Commercial.
Work Location: Various Locations with the base at 6139 Prince Albert St., Vancouver, V5W 3E5.
lathers Trade certification (interior systems mechanics) is an asset but not required.
How to Apply:
Email your resume along with contact details to: email@example.com