Christ For The Nations Ministry
Charities & Development
April 28, 2018
July 28, 2018
Position: Sound Engineer
Number of positions: 1
Job Description, responsibilities and other term
- Set up, prepare, operate and adjust audio, recording, editing and reproducing equipment to record, edit and reproduce sound input or feed of pre-recorded material from tapes, records, compact discs, digital audio devices, and input from live microphones.
- Help to repair and troubleshoot equipment that may be faulty or performing inadequately.
- Prepare and play soundtracks on select events and shows.
- Operate dubbing machines to play back edited dialogue, music and sound effect tracks from different sources.
- Enhance sound quality and add sound effects to recordings.
- Play backing tracks and special effects during live events.
- Set up and test sound equipment before events, broadcasts or recordings.
- Install all sound equipment and handle cleaning and first-degree maintenance of material.
- Record speech, music, and other sounds on recording media, using recording equipment.
- Reproduce and duplicate sound recordings from original recording media, using sound editing and duplication equipment.
- Program musical ambiance adapted to the resort.
- Operate audio consoles or computers, tape machines, microphones and sound processing equipment to mix, combine and edit music and sound at concerts and live events.
- Prepare shows and events with the church’s team.
- May supervise and co-ordinate the work of other audio and video recording technicians.
- 10+ years of experience as Sound Engineer is must
- Completion of a college or other program in recording engineering, audiovisual technology or a related field is must
- Degree in related field a plus
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in Live Mixing and audio/video Recording
- Expert in FOH Mixing, show management and stage layout
- Building up audio workstations for any kind of Show or public gathering
- Abilities include but not limited: Developing P.A. system for live outdoor or indoor programs
- Proficiency in MAPP and FOCUS for designing speaker coverage in various situations
- Previous experience in consulting, managing and installing sound system in Church
- Strong ability in video editing software, Vegas Pro Video editing, Final Cut Pro as well as Adobe Photoshop, MS Office, internet and email
- Proven skills in all Avid Pro Tools HD system
- Professional acoustic designing and room treatment
- Flexibility to work overtime as required from time to time
- Knowledge of English is essential
Location of work
75 Colville Road, Toronto, Ontario, M6M 2Y2, Canada
Full-time permanent employment (Min 40 hours/week).
$26.50 per hour.
How to apply:
Please email resume at: ChristforthenationsCareer@gmail.com
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.