Location: Halifax, NS
$30-34.00 hourly for 37 hours per week
Permanent Full time
Naturally Canadian Herbal Medicine Inc. was founded in 2014 by Andries
van Riezen. It all began with a vision and determination to improve the nutraceutical market and to dramatically make an imprint in natural supplement research and developments.
We founded Naturally Canadian with the intention of creating a unique, comprehensive line of formulas which address specific health conditions, using the most pure, bioavailable and clinically-proven ingredients.
Reporting to the CEO of Naturally Canadian, the Business Development Officer is responsible for the implementation of the organization’s marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities. This position directs the local and Asian market development together with our long-term E-Commerce platform launch.
Education: University degree in business or marketing. A degree or diploma in pharmacy an advantage
· Technical know-how in the nutraceutical industry especially in the area of good manufacturing practices and the development and manufacture of natural health products is an advantage
· Able to discuss manufacturing and quality control aspects with natural product wholesale buyers and retailers.
· Ability to lead GMP-inspections and to communicate with authorities about GMP an advantage
· Ability to assist in development of quality systems an advantage
Experience: 5 years or more of experience in marketing of drugs and dietary supplements; knowledge of quality control and production an advantage when making technical presentations to buyers
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines; to stand the pressure of a growing company, willing to travel approx. 25% of the time
Ability to meet clients and market company products; Represent the company or act on behalf of the company in negotiations and strategic planning with clients and in dealing with regulatory authorities
· Develop policies and administer programs to promote commercial business investment
· Plan development projects and coordinate activities with representatives of enterprises, community and business associations and government agencies involving a variety of commercial natural health products
· Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract venture capital
· Respond to inquiries from members of the business community and general public concerning development opportunities
· Review and evaluate commercial development proposals and provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval
· Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for the company's products
· Plan and develop E-commerce strategies - On both national and international E-Commerce platforms.
Skills Requirements and Personal Suitability
Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Dependability; Organized. Diligent. Attention to details; Reliability and a good sense of responsibility as well as self-confidence and quick decision-making capabilities. Ability to work independently is an advantage.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30-34 /hour