TechToronto is the largest tech event series in Canada and one of the top worldwide. We are focused on building the most engaging and thriving community of entrepreneurs and technologists in Canada.
TechTO facilitates the development of tech ecosystems by generating meaningful events that provide value to the community, which includes stakeholders like entrepreneurs, technologists, corporates and more.
Our TechToronto team have extensive experience in running event series in Toronto, Vancouver and Waterloo. We're focused on building a sustainable organization that solves challenging problems facing our community and the development of our ecosystem. We'll help you learn, grow, and develop in pursuit of these goals.
We’re looking for an experienced event planner/organizer who has experience within both the Tech ecosystem and startup environment, and knows how to work in a fast pace, tech focused environment. This person will be tasked to oversee and execute the workings of our 60 + events!
Salary: $50,000 to $60,000 per year, full time
- Ability to supervise a wonderful team of 20+ staff and volunteers
- Promote our various events within Canada’s growing technology ecosystem
- Develop marketing and communication plans to increase attendees
- Prepare, oversee, budget and negotiate with site locations, vendors and suppliers
- Develop sponsorships and partnerships within and outside the technology space
- Seek out keynote speakers and presenters from various industries related to technology and start-up culture.
- Prepare speaking schedules, goals and objectives for events
- Coordinate all speaker and sponsor deadlines and deliverables
- Work with developers on building out event management software and registration tools.
- Manage social media platforms to promote nurture and grow the technology community
- Arrange accommodation and transportation
- Plan for social events and guest programs
- Develop and implement business plans and advance market segments for future events
- University Degree in Business or related field is required
- 1-2 years of event planning experience
- Experience in working in the startup environment (either as employee or founder) a must.
- Experience working in a fast pace technology ecosystem with developed networks in the industry is a must
- Manage tight deadlines
- A team player with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to great at dealing with multiple stakeholders and vendors simultaneously.
- Excellent English; both written communication and oral communication
- Willing to travel and work with flexible hours
MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Office, MS Windows, Adobe Photoshop, Google Docs, Airtable (an asset)
Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada and Seniors are welcome to apply.