LONG HAUL TRUCK DRIVERSAbbotsford - BC, British Columbia,CANADA
LONG-HAUL TRUCK DRIVERS
Permanent Position: Long-Haul Truck Drivers
Company:DPS Trucking Ltd.
No. of Vacancies:5
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
Wage Rate: $24.00 per hr for 40 to 50 Hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Business Location:1340 Gladwin Road, Abbotsford, BC V2T 5Y3
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials:Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience:Experience an asset. Paid on job training will be provided.
Languages:Basic Knowledge of English
Type of Trucking and Equipment:Tractor-trailer, Extended length tractor-trailer combination.
Type of Travel: Long haul, Provincial/territorial, International
Documentation Knowledge:Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports
Communication Equipment Experience:Cellular phone, Satellite tracking (GPS) equipment
Weight Handling:More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Operate and drive primary tractor-trailer, long combination vehicle to transport goods and materials.
- Loading and unloading of goods.
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo in accordance with safety requirements.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers.
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- Perform pre-trip, en route, post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and turning signals.
Security and Safety:Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test and valid passport.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding and handling heavy loads.
Transportation/Travel Information:Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight, valid driver's licence
Work Location Information:Various locations in North America
Essential Skills:Document use, working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking.
How to Apply:Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.