French Early Childhood Educator AssistantVancouver - BC, British Columbia,CANADA
FRENCH EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR ASSISTANT
(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code: 4214)
Les Petits Artistes Montessori Preschool Inc. is a bilingual English-French licensed Montessori Daycare Centre located in the heart of Vancouver, BC. Our daycare Centre was opened on September 01, 2010 with a capacity of 20 children. In 2014, we added a facility and have grown to a total of 43 full time spaces, and take children from 3 to 5 year-old only. The goal of Les Petits Artistes Montessori Centre is to ensure that your child thrives in his or her early childhood years. We endeavour to provide and maintain a childcare environment that is inclusive, warm, safe, and developmentally appropriate. The Centre is currently looking for one energetic and efficient French Early Childhood Educator Assistant who is striving to join a qualified, motivated and good spirited existing team. This is a permanent full time position reporting directly to the Supervisor / Early Childhood Educators.
Company Operating Name: Les Petits Artistes Montessori Preschool Inc.
Business Address: 3150 / 3146 Ash Street, Vancouver BC V5Z 3C9 Canada
The French Early Childhood Educator Assistant is responsible to work as a team and provide a caring, safe and nurturing environment in collaboration with the teacher/activity group leader on a day-to-day basis for implementing the program’s aims. He/she also has a responsibility to enhance the services by working collaboratively towards reviewing and achieving goals within the Centre’s quality improvement plan.
If you are passionate about this role and have some prior experience working with the children, we invite you to apply today.
Job Title: French Early Childhood Educator Assistant
No. of Positions: 1
Job Description and Duties:
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Assist with proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- May assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records.
Terms of Employment: Permanent; Full Time; Long Term
Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week
Wages: $17.00 per hour
Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis
Location of Work: 3150 / 3146 Ash Street, Vancouver BC V5Z 3C9 Canada
Anticipated Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Education, Experience and Language Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Some experience in child care is required.
- Completion of an early childhood education assistant related certificate program
- Communication skills in English
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write French fluently
- (This is a mandatory requirement).
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Repetitive tasks and multi-tasking
- Attention to detail
- Work under pressure
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending
- Standing for extended periods
Additional Skills and Other Requirements:
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Focus and dependability
- Must be a team player, flexible, reliable and organized and able to handle the work with children
- Be available to open or close the Centre
- Criminal record check and knowledge of First Aid is preferred
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, Vulnerable Youth, Persons with Disabilities etc.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at LPAMCentre@gmail.com
or by mail to Les Petits Artistes Montessori Preschool Inc., 3150 / 3146 Ash Street, Vancouver BC V5Z 3C9 Canada with resume and cover letter.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.