AZ – CLASS 1 Long Haul Cross Border Truck Driver
Windsor - ON, Ontario,CANADA
October 23, 2018
February 23, 2019
TYPE OF TRAVEL:
Long Haul international to the U.S. Being away from home for 4-6 days, evening and weekend work may be required.
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailer, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances.
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage.
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled and fuel consumption.
- Administer bills of lading and electronically maintain log books.
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers.
- Education: not required
- Valid AZ – CLASS 1 driver’s license and good driving record
- Experience is an asset
- Language: English
- Ability to cross US border
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds – handling may be necessary
- Conditions of employment: permanent full-time position
- Earn $60,000 and more annually, depending on you.
- Number of hours per week: 50-60
- Competitive mileage rate: $0.52 per mile
- $ 1,100-1,600 weekly, depending on the distance traveled.
- Group Benefit Plan that includes; Group life insurance, extended health care coverage, vision care, dental care, and LTD benefits.
- Company Pension Plan RSP
- Place of work: 132 Elliott St. Leamington, ON N8H 1A4
- Planned start date: As soon as possible
2019 - All Rights Reserved.