JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- Supervise and care for newborn baby in the employer’s residence.
- Maintain an open, friendly and cooperative relationship with the baby and family.
- Respond quickly in soothing and in a tender manner when baby cries.
- Focuses on the care and well-being of the newborn
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas, feed babies on a regular schedule and change diapers frequently.
- Bathe, dress and prepare baby for naps and bedtime.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment at employer’s home.
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties related to baby care, including: making baby's bed, washing the baby’s clothes, cleaning up after meals and tidying play areas.
- Willing to share information with healthcare professionals in order to support optimal baby health if needed.
- Understands the value of and can support a breastfeeding mother.
- May provide emergency care, sick care or backup care if needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- 2 years to less than 3 years of experience working with children
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Must be able to work independently in an unsupervised setting.
EMPLOYER CONTACT INFORMATION:
Name: The Mijares
CHILDREN’S AGES: Newborn (Born on February 01, 2019).
WEIGHT HANDLING: Up to 50 lbs.
WORK SETTING: Employer’s home.
LOCATION OF WORK: Vancouver, BC (Very Close to Joyce Skytrain Station).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, Full-Time, Long-Term.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week.
Split Shift: Mondays through Fridays: 7:00am – 5:30pm.
(Able to work any 8-hour shift during this work schedule according to the mom’s schedule). Weekends, if required.
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Repetitive tasks;
- Work under pressure;
- Physically demanding;
- Overtime requirements.
WAGES: $15.00 per hour
OVERTIME: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer.
- 4% vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday
- on a bi-weekly basis.
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, Vulnerable Youth, Persons with Disabilities etc.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by mail to 300-5118 Joyce Street, Vancouver, BC V5R 4H1 Canada with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.