Web DeveloperToronto - ON, Ontario,CANADA
We are currently expanding our in-house development team and are looking to add an intermediate/senior full-stack developer to the team, who should became in near future a team leader working closely with Digital Projects Leader. Evoke Solutions is solution agnostic provider, thus the ideal candidate has a rich experience with various technologies, frameworks, methodologies.
The candidate must have experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Google Cloud), for faster development and deployment processes and easier administration process. Specifically developing,hosting the websites on AWS EC2 and storage, sharing of data on AWS S3 are relevant for the candidate.
Candidates with Bachelors Degree in Computer Science are suitable for this job. As we require the job seeker to have significant understanding of the Various Data Structures, for iterating through the database. As a Backend Developer , the applicant must have knowledge of performing various operations on the data structures , such as Array, Linked Lists, Queue, Stack , Graph etc. with minimal complexity and maximum performance. On the basis of this knowledge , we require the candidate to develop Advanced Data Algorithms (Facebook's React diff Algorithm) when dealing with complex data of a website. The candidate should be familiar with the computational complexity theory to avoid designing performance inefficient classes or methods.
The ideal candidate for this role should be able to take concepts from other realms of Software Development to the Web world, that can help us solve the problems that have already been solved and validated before. The ideal candidate is energetic and forward thinking, possessing extensive coding experience and Teaching Experience in Programming, to help the Junior Developers at work and thus take Evoke Solutions to the next level.
- LocationToronto, ON
- Salary$29.00 / hour
- Vacancies1 Vacancy
- Employment groups: Students, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
- Terms of employmentPermanent, Full time40 hours / week
- Start dateAs soon as possible
- Employment conditions: Day, Flexible hours
- Employer doesn’t cover the relocation costs
- Source Job Bank
2 years to less than 3 years
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Attention to detail
Work Location Information
Relocation costs not covered by employer
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
Computer and Technology Knowledge
Intranet, Servers, Desktop applications, Programming software, Website creation and management software, Web service design, Database software, Software development, MS Windows, API
Develop Website architecture and determine hardware and software requirements, Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Website, Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code
- Analyze, design, and plan technological implementations.
- Evaluate best suitable platforms, frameworks, set the team standards.
- Write clean, well commented, well designed code.
- Work against custom web applications based on various back-end, front-end technologies.
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain existing websites, web applications to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Produce detailed solution specifications and documentation (for technical and non-technical readers alike).
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle (Requirements gathering, Initial concepts, beta, QA/Testing, Deployment, Updates, Maintenance, etc.).
- Knowledge of industry best practices while staying current and continuously pushing those established boundaries further.
- A passion for great design, UX and coding practices.
- Experience in Software Development.
- Advance Data Structure knowledge for backend database.
- Be opened-minded to new trends, and to new challenges associated with on-boarding of those tech pieces.
- Be able to write/read code in OOP, Functional programming approach.
- Advanced PHP knowledge - OOP.
- Experience with LAMP stack.
- Experience with custom database queries (MySQL)
- Responsive design knowledge - Bootstrap 3+/Foundation/Custom; or custom responsive CSS layouts.
- Experience and deep understanding of Web APIs in general.
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay, etc).
- Version control tools and of developing web services (GIT).
- Deep understanding of core Wordpress functionality.
- Master Degree in Computer Programming or equivalent working experience.
- Working Experience with Cloud Computing (AWS , Azure, Google Cloud)
Teaching Experience to mentor Junior developers at work.
How to apply
To be determined