Shine Leelabai (Private Home Care)
Caregiver & Nanny
October 16, 2018
January 16, 2019
Position: In-Home Caregiver (Home health and personal aide)
Number of positions: 1
Job Description, responsibilities and other terms
- Provide care and companionship to individual and families during periods of convalescence.
- Administer medication as prescribed by the patient’s Physician. Observe and report on patient’s condition.
- Dress or redress open wounds and assess progress of healing.
- Provide palliative care as needed to keep the patient comfortable.
- Listen to the patient and respond to concerns or requests.
- Make transportation arrangements as needed.
- Administer bedside and personal care, such as ambulation and personal hygiene assistance.
- May perform some exercise as described by the physician for fast recovery of the patient.
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and dishes, and running errands.
- Help patients get to and from the toilet, and sometimes it is necessary to change her adult diaper because she is completely bed-ridden.
- Assist patient by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following required Canadian standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards;
- Completion of some college diploma or equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
Completion of a training program in care of persons with disabilities.
- Some nursing experience handling person with disabilities.
- Convalescent care or in a related field may be required.
- Knowledge of English is essential.
Location of work
1292 Sherwood Mills Blvd, Unit 124, Mississauga, ON L5V 2G8, Canada
2 years full-time temporary employment (Min 40 hours/week).
$16.00 per hour.
How to apply:
Please email resume at: email@example.com
No phone call please. Due to higher volume, only qualified candidates will be contacted.