ESL – Teacher/Instructor, Moncton NB
McKenzie College is located in Moncton NB, is a premier private career college that offers industry- relevant training in a variety of certificate and diploma programs in the areas of Art, Design, IT and Language. Inspiring students worldwide.
Do you Love creativity and inspiration? Are you a self-starter? Do you like to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines? Did you love your high school hallways, and want to revisit them? If so, we would like to talk with you about an ESL- Teacher/Instructor role.
• Plan, organize and prepare classes, including developing detailed lesson plans;
• Develop learning materials that support the learning objectives and planned activities
• Instruct ESL classes to groups of up to 20 students using a variety of teaching strategies and student assessment methods
• Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and exams in a timely manner to inform students about their progress
• Prepare and submit to the Education Coordinator all relevant data concerning students on a regular basis
• Assist in the provision of daily supervision of students as required or assigned
• Demonstrate flexibility in meeting the college’s and students’ changing requirements as conditions may require over time
• Follow the procedures of the registration office, including progress reports, attendance records, quizzes and exams records, and class time and room scheduling
• Responsible for the security of assigned equipment, materials and classrooms
• Participate in the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of the college’s quality improvement procedures as required
• Perform other duties as assigned by the College’s Director
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Arts, Fine Arts, Education or Science or a Two-Year Diploma with one of the following - English language teaching certificate: TESL, TEFL, or CELTA
• Minimum (3- 5 years) of direct ESL teaching experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Comprehensive skills in the use of common workplace software
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Teaching: 3-5 years (Required)
If you have good Decision-Making skills, enjoy Motivating Others, Support Diversity, are Results Driven, thrive on Coordination, have a Quality Focus, and you love Connecting with Youth.
This is a dream career in a great environment with a competitive compensation package! Please contact Dale Ritchie at: email@example.com with your resume, this position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.