Namaste London Ltd O/A Desi Tandoor
Cooks & Kitchen Helpers
December 25, 2018
March 25, 2019
(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code: 6322 )
Namaste London Ltd O/A Desi Tandoor is an Indian Restaurant located in the city of Brampton, Ontario. We serve traditional, innovative and Authentic East Indian Cuisine and BBQ products and their compliments. One of our main goals is to strive in presenting delicious East Indian and BBQ dishes with a combination of amazing flavours that give to our dishes, that tenderness and aroma to satisfy the taste of our customers, while they sit and relax enjoying the food, the atmosphere and our exceptional service. We provide a distinction of quality, aroma, flavour and colours provided by the spices, as our specialty is Tandoor, the aroma of different spices used to cook the amazing dishes will capture the eye and the attention of our customers. As owner I have spent several years developing a unique curry flavor and fresh ingredients, giving to our customers a diversity of food and flavours. We are in need to find two cooks who will bring the same approach and experience in the East Indian Cuisine.
COMPANY OPERATING NAME: Namaste London Ltd O/A Desi Tandoor
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Unit 5A, 180 Sandalwood Parkway E, Brampton, ON L6Z 1Y4 Canada
We are looking to add to our team two passionate and responsible Cooks who can work collaboratively to manage all responsibilities related to kitchen operations and maintenance, who are passionate about food and the hospitality industry to join our team and bring their experience in the Authentic East Indian Cuisine and BBQ products and their compliments. Our ideal cooks are motivated self-starters that can anticipate any problems before they happen. They should have the ability to work in a dynamic team environment, multitask, and effectively communicate is essential.
JOB TITLE: COOK
No. OF POSITIONS: 2
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking Authentic East Indian Cuisine and BBQ products and their compliments.
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, monitor and order supplies.
- May hire and train kitchen staff, scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers daily, weekly and monthly.
- Plating, assembling and garnishing of all food products in a uniform manner.
- Monitor all dishes leaving the kitchen to ensure quality and good presentation of all food adapting recipes to special requests such as allergies and special diets.
- Complete all aspects of the job in a manner that will not affect the speed or quality of customer service at any time.
- Working knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices, washing and cleaning of ﬂoors, crockery, utensils and other kitchen equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene, health, safety and sanitary standards are maintained in the kitchen
- Maintain clean and safe kitchen environment adhering to food safety rules, quality and control standards.
- Receiving, storage and preparation of all food products according to Namaste London Ltd O/A Desi Tandoor Restaurant speciﬁcations and practices and overseeing kitchen operations.
- Maintaining proper inventory levels of prepared products, supplies and equipment.
- Prepare items for grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating assuming 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Communicate with customers, staff and management in a friendly, yet professional manner.
- Other related duties as needed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent Full-time, Long-term.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
WAGES: $15.00 per hour
OVERTIME: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer.
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis.
LOCATION OF WORK: Unit 5A, 180 Sandalwood Parkway E, Brampton, ON L6Z 1Y4 Canada.
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of Secondary school is required.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Two or more years of cooking experience.
- Good experience in the areas of Authentic East Indian Cuisine and BBQ products and their compliments, eager to learn all the tandoor process and incorporate new techniques.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Repetitive tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Work under pressure.
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending.
- Standing for extended periods.
- Capable of lifting/pushing heavy objects weighing over 40 lbs.
- Sometimes work in a noisy and distracting environment.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Spatial awareness and ability to navigate a busy kitchen.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Reading and document use.
- Good oral communication.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Client focus and dependability.
- Must be a team player, flexible, reliable and organized.
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Vulnerable Youth.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at NamasteLondonLtd@gmail.com or by mail to Unit 5A, 180 Sandalwood Parkway E, Brampton, ON L6Z 1Y4 Canada with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.