Quantum Door Company Ltd.
January 31, 2019
June 01, 2019
Job Title：Carpenter (NOC 7271)
Job Type: Full-time / Permanent Position
Salary: $26.00 / hour
Location: Surrey, BC
Education: Secondary School (Required)
Language: English (Required), Punjabi (Would be an advantage)
About: Quantum Door Company Ltd.
We are Canadian door manufacturers and pre-hungers of custom-made solid wood doors. All of our pre-hung doors are available as exterior and interior doors as required for your home improvement or home construction project. Our product line includes garage doors, French doors, door locks and hardware, stained glass doors, transoms, sidelights and much more.
To maintain our operation and provide effective services in the timely manner we are hiring for Full-time Carpenter at our unit located at #2-5422 176th St. Surrey, BC, V3S 4C3.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches and to fully grasp requirements.
- Accuracy taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project.
- Prepare the doors layouts ensuring they are levelled and compatible.
- Skilled in use of all tools necessary to cut, shape and smooth wood and other material (e.g. fibreglass) according to measurements.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as doors and moulding
- Construct frameworks for glass and wooden doorframes.
- Help erect, level, and install door framework with the aid of rigging hardware tools etc.
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Supervise, Instruct and direct labourers and other construction helpers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 2 - 3 years of hands-on experience as a carpenter and along with some experience in supervising and managing apprentices and other assistant workers.
- Secondary school or equivalent is required.
- Time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to move/lift a minimum of 60 pounds.
- Ability to make decisions and meet daily deadlines working in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated to look for new tasks when work is completed
- Have good communication skills, able to effectively transfer information to colleagues while making them feel comfortable and motivated
Benefits: Two Weeks Paid Vacation
Please send your resume at above-mentioned location or Email at - “email@example.com”