• Co-ordinate activities of farm workers and scheduling workers
• Assign duties such as tilling the soil, planting, cultivating, pruning, spraying, packaging etc.
• Supervise harvest proceedings & oversee sorting and handling of a crop.
• Train new employees and assist farm workers in duties such as inspection, grading, sorting, storage and post-harvest treatment of crops.
• Supervise and monitor the operations of general agriculture processing machinery.
• Ensure that company health and safety procedures and policies are followed.
• Prepare reports and maintain records of equipment, product and materials.
• Perform general farm duties as required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
• Physically demanding work with heavy lifting in all-weather conditions both outdoors and indoors.
• Work under pressure with tight deadlines and be detail oriented.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage youth, indigenous persons, and newcomers to Canada to apply.
The applicant must be a high school graduate and should be able to communicate in basic English. Wages: $20.00 per hour + vacation pay, 40 hours a week. Please email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience: 2-3 years of agriculture-related work experience
Education: High School