HOME SUPPORT WORKER
(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code: 4412)
We are seeking a passionate, reliable, and full-time Home Support Worker to look after our senior mom. The Home Support Worker must be patient, sensible, compassionate and truly have a heart to care for seniors who require extra support, love and attention.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide hands-on care personal care and support, companionship, meaningful activities and conversation
- Being a stable supporter in all matters like personal, health-related and emotional
- Assist with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene, dressing, toileting, grooming and other related duties
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding
- Perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds
- Perform routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisting in the administration of medications and collecting specimens under the general direction of nurse
- Assist with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside, accompanying to and from activities, walks, running errands, physician’s appointments, and helping to get in and out of wheelchair-accessible vehicle, if necessary
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- 1 year to less than 2 years of experience as Home Support Worker
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Punjabi speaking is an asset but not a condition or requirement for employment.
- Completion of a training program in care of the elderly or in a related field.
- First aid / CPR certification
- Must be able to work independently in an unsupervised setting
EMPLOYER CONTACT INFORMATION:
Work Setting: Private home located in Caledon, ON
Location of work: In the Peel Region, northwest of the City of Caledon, Ontario.
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Long-Term.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Mondays through Fridays: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Flexibility to work overtime, evenings and/or weekends, if required
Wages: $17.00 per hour.
Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer
- 4% vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday
on a bi-weekly basis
Anticipated Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, etc.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by mail to C/o Ramesh Nookala, Suite 300, 5118 Joyce St, Vancouver, BC V5R 4H1 Canada with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.