Urgent Caregiver needed by a family based in Abbotsford for their child aged 11 years old.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $15.00 / hour and 40 hours / week
Location: Shuswap Crt., Abbotsford, BC, V2T 4Z4
Experience and skills:
- Completion of High School or Equivalent with course in Child care will be an asset.
- Work Setting: Employer’s home
- 1 to less than 7 months experience
- Language: English
WAGES & BENEFITS:
- Full time and permanent position, works 40 hrs. per week
- Wages $15.00/Hr.
- Overtime: 1.5 times employee's regular wage after 8 hours a day of work
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. (Note: This is not a condition of employment.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help in getting the child ready for school and packing his lunch box.
- Make the child have light breakfast before going to school and make his bed.
- Do laundry related to the child (once a week).
- Many have to bring the child back from school. (Not mandatory).
- Cook lunch and serve him once back from school.
- Ask him about the school studies and activities.
- Monitor the technology time and content.
- Assist the child in homework (only if help is needed) and motivate him in reading novels and other educative books.
- Monitor his play time and games indoor as well as outdoors.
- Remain with the child till one of the parents comes back.
- Report back to the parents if any unusual behaviour is observed.
- May have to accompany for the appointments to doctor.
Interested candidates may email their resumes at: Palwinderkhosa74@gmail.com
We thank all who apply, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: This is a full time position at the employer’s home and is open for all including Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Person with disabilities, seniors, Students, Veterans Youth, Visible minorities.