QJD Pekingduck (Markham) Restaurant Ltd.
Restaurant & Cafe
April 06, 2019
August 06, 2019
Head Chef, Full time permanent position
We are now seeking one experienced Head Chef who is familiar with Quanjuede roast duck. Previous experience working with duck roast ovens and duck peeling skills is required. This position will be in charge of managing the kitchen and would report directly to the manager and owner.
The ideal candidate for this position would be experienced with roast duck and very familiar with the unique technique, recipe, skills of cooking and peeling duck.
- Supervise sous chef, specialist chefs, cooks and other kitchen staff.
- Prepare the recipe, roast duck, peel duck before customers.
- Train kitchen staff on all new menus by demonstrating new cooking techniques and new equipment to cook staff.
- Development new menu and execute of new recipe standard.
- Maintaining effective communication within the kitchen and dining room, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems.
- Report to manager and owner
- Cook Trade Certificate
- (5+) years of experience as a Head Chef or Kitchen Manager.
- Ability to complete whole Quanjude Peking roast duck process independently.
- Advanced knowledge of cooking techniques and knife skills
- Ability to supervise 5-10 people.
- Superior organizational skills, detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced, physically demanding, team-oriented atmosphere.
Hourly rate is $25/hour for 37.5 hours per week, plus 10 days paid annual vacation and relocation assistance.
Work is on location at QJD Pekingduck (Markham) Restaurant Ltd., 7095 Woodbine Ave. Markham, ON L3R 1A3, Tel: +1-905-604-7798
Please apply by e-mail only to: “Qjd.email@example.com”.
Please note that while we thank all applicants for their interest in QJD Pekingduck, only qualified applicants will be contacted to continue the application process.