Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School or equivalent experience
Positions Available: 1
NOC Job Title: 4412 Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations
Employer: Alice Chong
SKILLS and KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- Nursing Certificate/Diploma OR Completion of Training Program in Care of the Elderly, Care of persons with disabilities, Convalescent Care or in a related field.
- At least two years experience in providing care for people with Medical needs
- Capable in providing medical care in accordance to the employer’s protocols
- Well versed in designing and implementing daily activities and home management
- Preferably but not mandatory CPR and first aid Certified
- Able to demonstrate time management skills, sanitation awareness, emergency responding, safe patient handling, agile and empathetic
- Communicate well in English
- Provide care and companionship for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption
- Administer bedside and personal care to clients such as aide in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing
- Plan and prepare meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding clients
- May perform routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisting in the administration of medications and collecting specimens under the general direction of home care agency supervisor or nurse
- May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
Working Hours: At least 40 hours a week.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Optional accommodation is available at no charge if on a live-in basis. Note: This is not a condition of employment.
Job Location at: Burnaby
How to apply:
Contact: Alicia Chong