MNB BAGGA JEWELLERS is looking for a Manager to join their team located at 8138, 128 Street, Surrey, BC, V3W 1R1
Salary: $23.00/hour for 40 hours a week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Position Available: 1
Job title: Jeweller (NOC: 6344)
As a Jeweller, candidate will be asked to:
• Fabricate and repair precious and semi-precious metal jewellery: such as rings, brooches, pendants, bracelets and lockets
• Examine, cut, shape and polish precious and synthetic gems using optical instruments, cutting disks and laps
• Appraise gemstones to differentiate between stones, identify rare specimens and to detect peculiarity affecting stone values
• Set precious and semi-precious stones in jewellery mountings according to specifications
• Enlarge or reduce size of rings by sawing through band, adding or removing metal, and soldering ends together
• Clean and polish jewelry using polishing wheels and chemical baths
• Reshape and restyle old jewelry following designs or instructions using hand tools and machines such as jeweler's lathe and drill
• Smooth joints and rough spots using hand file and emery paper Skills
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• 2-3 years experience in jewelry sector or Completion of a college or other program, or apprenticeship training in jewelry repair would be an asset.
If eligible, please send your resume along with a cover letter via: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.