(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code: 0731)
Company Operating Name: Fraser Plastics Ltd.
23371 Fisherman Road, Maple Ridge BC V2W 1B9 Canada
We are a growing plastics manufacturing company seeking an experienced
Logistics Manager to execute, direct and oversee the transportation operations of our company. We require someone with a good background in logistics. Our ideal candidate has strong leadership, multitasking and negotiating skills.
Job Title: Logistics Manager
No. of Positions: 1
Job Description and Duties:
- Arranging and monitoring the transportation and movement of goods
- Arrange for shipping documentation and oversee the scheduling and dispatching of plastics products and the tracking and tracing of products in transit
- Communicate with dispatchers, warehouse and clients regarding outgoing orders
- Coordinate, direct, plan and evaluate the operations of the transportation department
- Recruit employees and oversee their training
- Control the departmental budget, monitor and evaluate rates and revenue and set performance goals
- Gather, log and monitor shipping data
- Develop and implement procedures and strategies for the transportation and storage of plastics products
- Prioritize order security, accuracy, accuracy and on-time delivery
- Negotiate for services and preferential rates relevant to the department
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Long Term
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Wages: $50.00 per hour
Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by the employer
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis.
Location of Work:
23371 Fisherman Road, Maple Ridge BC V2W 1B9 Canada.
Anticipated Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible.
Education, Experience and Language Requirements:
- Completion of Secondary school is required.
- At least two years of experience as a Logistics Manager
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
Additional Skills and Other Requirements:
- Highly organized and efficient
- Outgoing, courteous, and professional
- Self-starter and a quick learner
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and good judgement
- Must be a team player, reliable and organized
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, Vulnerable Youth, Persons with Disabilities.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter. Or mail your application to P.O Box 3342, 33191 First Avenue, Mission, BC V2V 4J5. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.