Windsor - ON, Ontario,CANADA
Cervini Farms Inc
Agriculture & farms
November 01, 2019
December 01, 2019
Looking for Two Greenhouse Supervisors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers such as crop clean-out and planting of new crop.
- Motivate workers while supervising them and work beside them at times.
- Participate in the labour requirements planning for in the greenhouses.
- Report and request work orders for all greenhouse maintenance issues ( structural, equipment, heating, irrigation).
- Organize the planting and maintenance of crops.
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units.
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- Develop general understanding of the Priva system in terms of work and productivity.
- Ability to diagnose crop needs and requirements and act in a timely and correct manner.
- Aid in pest monitoring and helping staff identify pest and disease problems.
- Maintain financial and personnel records.
- Hire staff and train workers in job duties and company policies.
- Able to work in cold, hot & humid greenhouse environments.
- Walking and standing throughout the day.
- Hours may fluctuate according to business need.
Job Requirements Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma, G.E.D or equivalent or Equivalent experience
- 1 year to less than 2 years of experience & knowledge in crop maintenance, data tracking, and quality control processes & procedures.
- Forklift & Small Engine Experience Preferred.
- experience supervising more than 20 people.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to work effectively & efficiently in a team environment.
- Ability to work 40 to 44 hours per week.
- Pay Rate: $23-$24 per hour
2020 - All Rights Reserved.