The Good Shepherd Daycare Ltd.
Education & Training
December 16, 2019
April 15, 2020
Early childhood educator (E.C.E.)
You're not a babysitter....you're a teacher! That's what you went to school for right? Here's your opportunity to work for a company that gives you that respect!
Education : College /CGEP
Experience : Experience is an asset
Vacancy : 1 Vacancy
Employment groups: Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Job type : Permanent, Full time
Hours of work : 40.00 hours / week
Job start date : As soon as possible
Security and Safety : Basic security Clearance
Languages : English
Personal Suitability : Judgment, Dependability, Team Player
We pride ourselves on being flexible, but there are some things we feel very strongly about:
- Being an excellent communicator, because you are a role model for language development and a resource to parents
- Must be a team player who strives to contribute to the betterment of the program
- Must have a valid ECE Certification in BC or near completion.
- Help children develop a passion for learning – physical, cognitive, social and emotional
- Approach a child’s first learning years with enthusiasm and dedication
- Enable children to have fun all day, regardless of whether they are playing or learning, with activities like teaching songs and rhymes, reading stories, provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity etc.
- Prepare children academically and socially for school
- Encourage and support each child
- Bond with each child, and provide them with a nurturing and stable environment that protects their health, security and well being.
- Promote each child’s individuality and self-esteem by teaching them proper eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- Support the parents as well by preparing reports regarding a child’s behavioral growth and any potential learning problem, if visible.
- Encourage children, parents and staff to develop lasting and meaningful friendships with one another, and with community service providers working with children.
- Help all parents participate in their child’s education.
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application
Feb 10, 2020