Lakeshore Convention Centre-Mississauga, ON
$17 an hour
Job Title: Cook
Job Type- Full time/Permanent
Wage: $17/hr- 40 Hours/Week
Location: Mississauga, ON
Language: English (Required). Hindi (Preferred), Punjabi (Preferred)
Experience- One year
About: Lakeshore Convention Centre, Mississauga, ON
We offer a luxurious banquet hall with high-quality catering services. At Lakeshore Convention Centre, we explore and introduce ‘Farm to Table’ Concept. We ensure to purchase only food that is locally grown-directly from the source and we are proud to say that our quality of food and taste is the best. Having raised the bar with our the current offering, we are seeking for a cook who has the experience and who is familiar with Indian and Pakistan style of cooking.
Our Centre is located at 806 Southdown Road, Mississauga, ON L5J 2Y4.
- Ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with the “Farm to Table’ Concept.
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers;
- Must be able to prepare bread and meats in the Tandoor Oven;
- Oversee kitchen operations;
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment;
- Clean kitchen and work area. Follow all required checklists and cleaning schedules;
- Ability to prepare sauces and curry preparation;
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all foodservice equipment needs for food preparation and service;
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanness, organization, storage and sanitation of food products;
- May hire and train kitchen staff;
- Other duties as required.
Qualification and Skills
- At least 1-2 years of related experience;
- Have experience in preparing Indian and Pakistan cuisine;
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate ;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work independently and with a team too;
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities;
- Have good communication skills.
Benefits- Two weeks paid vacation.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by provincial and/or federal law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If accommodation is needed during the application process, please contact us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 /hour