Position: Slitting Line Assistant – NOC 9537
Employer: JANCO STEEL LTD
Location: 925 Arvin Ave. Stoney Creek ON L8E 5N9, Tel: 905 643 3535
Location of employment: 925 Arvin Ave. Stoney Creek ON L8E 5N9, Tel: 905 643 3535
Wages: $ 23.00, 40 hours a week;
Shifts: Afternoon shift
Benefits: medical and dental insurance, and group benefits.
Vacancies: 1 full-time and permanent position
- Prepare the slitting knives, over-arm spacers and all paperwork required for slitting production.
- Understand the requirements of any given slitting work order including tolerances, work instructions, and quality requirements.
- Enters data from the work order into the slitting knife program and then into the “in process tag program”.
- Sets the over arm spacers.
- Loads up the knife arbors according to the setup required.
- Individually inspect knives for damage and/or dullness.
- Separate dull or damaged knives and set up to be machined/sharpened.
- Complete all required paperwork prior to work order production.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Understand that all measuring devices are identified and calibrated according to our ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
- Minimum experience of 1 years as a Slitting Assistant;
- Completion of secondary school and/or technical vocational school. Previous technical training is an asset;
- Able to communicate effectively in English language;
- Must be able to work required hours, weekends, overtime and on call;
- Must have at least 1 year of experience on a Herr Voss slitter.
- General Safety Orientation
- Overhead Crane License
- Crane Operating Training Log
- Nuclear Gauge Safety
- Forklift Operator License
- Machine Guarding
- Forklift operating Training Log
- Manual Lifting & Back Safety
- Slitting Assisting Training Log
- Worker H&S Awareness
- Shop Data Entry
- Overhead Crane & Forklift Safety
Janco Steel Ltd. is a steel service centre specializing in flat rolled products. We are a service-oriented company, stocking primarily hot rolled, pickled and oiled and cold rolled steel, with a complimentary inventory of coated steel products. Our recently expanded facility (6 bays with an area of approximately 205,000 sq. ft.) accommodates a large inventory with a wide variety of steel products. We have a state-of-the-art Herr Voss Slitting Line, a Herr Voss Cut-to-length Line, Red Bud Industries Stretcher Blanking Line, six mechanical shears and a fleet of trucks to service all of our customer requirements. Our services include slit-to-width coil, cut-to-length sheet, plate, multi blanking and cut-to-size blanks.
Please send your resume to Rick.Nordeman@jancosteel.com
Please indicate “Slitting Line Assistant” in the subject line of your email or the cover letter of your resume