Active Electronic Manufacturing
Manager & Executive
January 29, 2020
September 29, 2020
OPERATIONS MANAGER – ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code: 0114)
COMPANY OPERATING NAME: Active Electronic Manufacturing
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 8-12357, 82A Avenue, Surrey BC V3W0L5 Canada
Active Electronic Manufacturing (AEM) is looking to hire an experienced and efficient Operations Manager – Administrative Services, who will manage the day-to-day operations by effectively managing staff, internal and external stake holders of the business. The Operations Manager develops; implements and drives strategies to achieve business objectives. The person will coach, train and develop front line personnel to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of performance. This person exhibits operations leadership skills to enhance the overall client partnerships. This person will troubleshoot and resolve all safety matters, in addition to ensuring direct service, identifying and implementing corrective action plans for all operational-related matters, in collaboration with the key operations and administrative functions. The purpose of this position is to provide administrative, project coordination, and general support for all activities of the Operations and Administration department.
Job Title: Operations Manager – Administrative Services
No. of Positions: 1
Job Description and Duties:
- Ensures daily operations are maintained as scheduled. Maintains all business records, documentation and administrative standards as required to include personnel records, train deliveries, product and assets.
- Responsible for managing operations excellence in accordance with all established business process compliance as defined in the standard operating procedures.
- Assists with operational, people and process and service related objectives to drive continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Leads associates to anticipate and solve problems and plan for upcoming events, seasonal changes, etc.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and counseling of staff to provide ongoing support and development.
- Leverages leadership skills to set goals for front line teams and provides regular performance feedback utilizing all management resources available to include work-with observations.
- Share best practices and look for continuous improvement of process and product quality
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience.
- Support the CEO in strategic analysis of all deals, operations department strategies, budgets and policies
- Leads the year-end review cycles for all staff, providing timely feedback to the employee and identifying areas of performance opportunities
- Ensures a culture of safety first throughout the organization by following safety policies and procedures.
- Anticipate any challenges at their site/facilities that impact services, and plans and implements mitigating strategies
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals
- Performs other administrative and operations duties as required
Terms of Employment: Permanent Full-Time, Long-term.
Hours of Work:
- 40 hours per week
- Mondays through Fridays: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required.
Wages: $45.00 per hour
Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis
Location of Work: 8-12357, 82A Avenue, Surrey BC V3W 0L5 Canada
Anticipated Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible.
Education, Experience and Language Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in administrative services and operations management
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral, with ability to express key concepts, share ideas and information effectively
Additional Skills and Other Requirements:
- Extremely versatile and dedicated to efficient productivity
- Strong organizational skills; detail-oriented, ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Effective leadership and communication skills to foster a respectful and motivating environment.
- Competently utilizes spreadsheet and word processing applications at an intermediate to advanced level and has a comprehensive knowledge of computerized e-commerce applications.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Extensive experience in managing projects to achieve results
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends when required
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, Vulnerable Youth, Persons with Disabilities.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume and a cover letter by email to us at AEMCanada@gmail.com or by mail to Active Electronic Manufacturing (AEM), 8-12357, 82A Avenue, Surrey BC V3W 0L5 Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.