Cooks & Kitchen Helpers
February 21, 2020
March 20, 2021
42000 to 44000 (to be negociated)
Description of principle tasks
- Prepare and cook various food on a regular basis for special guests and functions.
- Participate in the training of new staff.
- Contribute to the development of a strong team through active involvement in daily operations.
- Check the quality of all food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Monitor sanitation and Health and Safety practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
In the absence and in collaboration with Executive Chef and Sous Chefs
- Order food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Check the quantity and quality of deliveries.
- Lead the kitchen including stewarding.
- Assist in instructing in the preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Assist in developing and implementing ongoing training activities and initiatives along with product knowledge training.
- Supervise staff to ensure a smooth operation and the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Attend Banquet and Events meetings & update the menu board.
- Communicate frequently and efficiently and ensure details are shared in a timely manner.
- Other work related tasks as per manager’s request.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a hotel or banquet environment.
- Strong background in traditional cuisines to cater our multicultural guests (French, Mexican, Asian)
- Proven ability to plan and organize events, acute sense of time management and detail.
- Strong understanding of current Food Hygiene and Health & Safety requirements.
- Problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, outgoing, friendly, persuasive personality.
- Able to stand/walk for up to 5 hours at a time, lift/carry/push supplies or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Good written and spoken English required.
Weekly schedules (days, evenings, nights, weekdays and weekends).