DUMP TRUCK DRIVER
G. Mann Trucking Ltd
Business Name: G Mann Trucking Ltd.
Job Title: Dump Truck Driver (NOC 7511)
No. of Vacancies: 4
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Work Location: 4168 248 Street Aldergrove BC V4W 1E3
Wage rate: $25/hour for 32 to 40 Hours/Week
Education: Secondary (high) School Graduation Certificate
Experience: Minimum 1 years to less than 2 Years
- Operate and drive primarily straight body trucks to transport goods and materials on local routes and short inter-urban routes and over long distances.
- Load and unload goods, tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo in accordance with safety requirements.
- Perform preventive maintenance, perform brake adjustments & perform emergency roadside repairs if needed.
- Satisfy customer needs for service. Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established policies
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption, check material weight and work with other equipment operators.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, and oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment,
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices.
Personal Suitability: Team player, effective interpersonal skills, reliability, judgement, organized, flexibility
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Trip reports, Maintenance and repair reports, Accident or incident reports, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
Security and Safety: Driving record check (abstract), Drug test, Criminal record check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Large workload, attention to detail, handling heavy loads, repetitive tasks, sitting, physically demanding.
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Dump truck
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Credentials: Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
How to Apply: If you feel you are suitable for this job and have enough experience please email your resume along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org