Songbirds Montessori School
February 19, 2020
July 19, 2020
Position - Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE Teacher)
Number of positions: 2
Job Description Position:
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a safe, warm and caring environment in classroom.
- Plan, develop and implement stimulating activities for young children, including arts, crafts, games and special events which promote physical, social, emotional and intellectual well-being.
- Assist children in expressing themselves by listening and responding with questions or comments that extend conversations
- Use a variety of teaching techniques including modelling, observing, questioning, demonstrating, and reinforcing
- Provide experiences and play materials that actively promote diversity and acceptance in interactions and attitudes
- Act as a responsible staff member.
- Documenting children’s learning by doing observations in form of anecdotes and pictures.
- Maintaining a positive relationship with the parents and discussing the children’s progress with them.
- Motivate and help children to practice self-help daily.
- Engage in short and long-term planning and assessment and staff program reviews.
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, preparing crafts and teaching songs.
- Build collaborative relationships with colleague and community service providers working with children.
- Agreeing to participate in the Plan to Protect training prior to employment.
- Identify and respond to the requirement of each child by using developmentally appropriate teaching and child behaviour management techniques.
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Maintain full compliance with the legislative framework for Early Childhood Education.
- Share and offer ideas with colleagues.
- Write down observations about the children in class for your supervisors.
- To be actively involved in the day to day operation of the centre.
- Ensuring the safety of the children.
- Assisting the head teacher in implementing and stimulating activities for young children, including arts, crafts, games.
- Co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
- Completion of a college diploma program in early childhood education.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) is usually required.
- Good caring skill is mandatory.
- Knowledge of English is essential
Location of work
9705 James Potter Rd, Unit 1-3, Brampton, ON L6X 3B9, Canada
2 Fisherman Drive, Unit 11, Brampton, ON L7A 1B5, Canada
$18.50/hour. Basic salary is $16.50 plus $2.00 as Wage Enhancement Grant (WEG).
Full time permanent position.
How to apply:
Please email resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone call please. Due to higher volume, only qualified candidates will be contacted.