Ottawa - ON, Ontario,CANADA
Restaurant & Cafe
March 05, 2020
July 05, 2020
Job Description Position:
- Continually liaise with bakery Front-house staff to meet guests’ requests.
- Check the quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met.
- Ensuring all baked goods are completed on time for opening.
- Weigh the flour and other ingredients to prepare the dough, batter.
- Operate cooking, baking, or other food preparation equipment.
- Set oven temperatures and place items into hot ovens for baking.
- Bake different types of artisan bread, like baguettes, pita bread, multigrain bread, etc.
- Estimate baking requirements and estimate food costs.
- Help the bakery Supervisor/Manager for inventory estimation and purchase.
- Prepare items within the time schedule as per the order, ensure the taste is maintained.
- Control wastage and try to keep the food and baking cost low.
- Co-ordinate with other bakers and kitchen helpers.
- May need to open and/or close the bakery from time to time.
- Ensure that hygiene and kitchen safety procedures are followed.
- Make everything ready before the actual baking starts.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the workplace all the time.
- Train new or existing baking personnel and/or kitchen staff about the items and baking procedures from time to time.
- Completion of some secondary education or equivalent experience is required.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required from time to time.
- Knowledge of English is essential.
Location of work
1228 Old Innes Rd, Ottawa, ON K1B 3V3, Canada
$15 per hour.
Full time permanent.
How to apply:
Please email resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone call, please. Due to a higher volume, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
2020 - All Rights Reserved.