Ethnic Food Cook
Abbotsford - BC, British Columbia,CANADA
Patna Sweets and Chat
Cooks & Kitchen Helpers
April 03, 2020
February 03, 2021
$24.00 per hour
Ethnic Food Cook
Wage: $24.00/Hr for 40 hours/week
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Anticipated start date: ASAP
Patna Sweets & Chat restaurant is an authentic Indian restaurant looking for experienced Indian Food Cook, who can set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment. Prepare ingredients to use in cooking. (Chopping, peeling vegetables and cutting meat etc).
- Prepare and cook menu food items as per the recipes and personal experience
- Observe and test food items and make sure they are adequately cooked
- Maintain food safety and standards of cleanliness
- Prepare various ethnic sauces, salads, garnishing, spice mix, curry paste, dough, batter
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment and as per the specifications of recipes’
- Prepare various items for broiling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating
- Operate tandoor, fryer, oven and other appliances
- Prepare various Indian assortments like Chaat Papdi, Gol Gappe, Samosa, Dahi Bhalla, Aloo Tikki, Bhel Puri, Chola Bhatoora etc.
- Prepare and cook various Indian breads like naan, roti etc.
- Prepare various Indian dishes both vegetarian and non-vegetarian like butter-chicken, korma, paneer tikka masala, palak paneer, dum aloo, dal makhni, goat curry, etc
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
- Check the quality of raw food products to ensure that standards are met
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage
- Check the quantity and quality of food products received from various vendors
- May consult with clients regarding food menu for special occasions such as birthday parties, wedding receptions arrangements etc.
Other Job Requirements:
- Language: Basic English is a requirement
- Education: Completion of High School but not mandatory
- Experience: 1 – 2 years of experience in food preparation or service are required
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be attentive and detail-oriented
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
How to Apply:
If eligible, please reply to this post with your resume via email: email@example.com
2020 - All Rights Reserved.