Los Cuervos Taqueria & Cantina
Restaurant & Cafe
June 30, 2020
December 29, 2020
Los Cuervos Taqueria & Cantina
Los Cuervos Taqueria is Vancouver’s Authentic Mexican restaurant specializing in high quality veggie, meat and seafood tacos. We prepare our food with care and joy from Mexican recipes. Los Cuervos Taqueria is inspired by the street food, taquerias and cantinas of Mexico City.
COMPANY OPERATING NAME: Los Cuervos Taqueria & Cantina Restaurant
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 603 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC, V5T 3K5 Canada
We are looking to add to our team two passionate and responsible Cooks who can work collaboratively to manage all responsibilities related to kitchen operations and maintenance, who are passionate about food and the hospitality industry and bring their experience in authentic Mexican cuisine. Our ideal cook is a motivated self-starter that can anticipate any problems before they happen. They should have the ability to work in a dynamic team environment, multitask, and effectively communicate.
JOB TITLE: Cook
NO. OF POSITIONS: 2
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- Preparing and cooking complete meals including authentic Mexican food, high quality veggie, meat and seafood tacos, and other dishes on the menu.
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, monitor and order supplies.
- May hire and train kitchen staff, scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers daily, weekly and monthly.
- Plating, assembling and garnishing of all food products in a uniform manner.
- Monitor all dishes leaving the kitchen to ensure quality and good presentation of all food adapting recipes to special requests such as allergies and special diets.
- Complete all aspects of the job in a manner that will not affect the speed or quality of customer service at any time.
- Working knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices, washing and cleaning of ﬂoors, crockery, utensils and other kitchen equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene, health, safety and sanitary standards are maintained in the kitchen.
- Maintain clean and safe kitchen environment adhering to food safety rules, quality and control standards.
- Receiving, storage and preparation of all food products according to Los Cuervos Taqueria & Cantina Restaurant speciﬁcations and practices and overseeing kitchen operations.
- Maintaining proper inventory levels of prepared products, supplies and equipment.
- Communicate with customers, staff and management in a friendly, yet professional manner.
- Other related duties as needed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, Full-time, Long-term.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
WAGES: $16.00 per hour
OVERTIME: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer.
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis.
LOCATION OF WORK: 603 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5T 3K5 Canada
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of Secondary school is required.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- · Two or more years of cooking experience.
- Good knowledge in the areas of Authentic Mexican cuisine
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Repetitive tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Work under pressure.
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending.
- Standing for extended periods.
- Capable of lifting/pushing heavy objects weighing over 40 lbs.
- Sometimes work in a noisy and distracting environment.
- Work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Spatial awareness and ability to navigate a busy kitchen.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Client focus and dependability.
- Must be a team player, flexible, reliable and organized
- Must be available before and after hours to open and close the restaurant as required
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Vulnerable Youth.
If interested in this position, please apply by email email@example.com or by mail to 603 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5T 3K5, with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.