Los Cuervos Taqueria & Cantina
Restaurant & Cafe
June 30, 2020
December 29, 2020
COMPANY OPERATING NAME: Los Cuervos Taqueria & Cantina Restaurant
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 603 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC, V5T 3K5 Canada
We are looking to add to our team a passionate and efficient Restaurant Manager who can work collaboratively to manage all responsibilities related to restaurant operations and maintenance. We need an experienced Restaurant Manager with a great attitude and strong leadership skills to join our team. Our ideal candidate has the ability to work in a dynamic team environment, multitask, and effectively communicate with front and back of the house staff.
JOB TITLE: Restaurant Manager
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- Plan, organize, control policies and procedure, evaluate the operations of the restaurant and ensure that standards are maintained
- Monitor restaurant’s revenues and expenses, manage store vendors’ contracts and invoices
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Responsible for inventory, supplies, wastes, etc. and introducing procedures to improve efficiency
- Participate in determining and implementing service offerings
- Recruit, supervise staff and oversee staff training
- Manage staff work schedule that includes opening and closing the store, and monitor their performance
- Resolve and deescalate customer complaints
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed by all staff members
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers
- Gather guests’ feedback, recommend improvements and create a positive work environment
- Other related duties as needed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, Full-time, Long-term.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
WAGES: $25.00 per hour
OVERTIME: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer.
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis.
LOCATION OF WORK: 603 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5T 3K5 Canada
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of Secondary school is required.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Three years’ experience as a Restaurant Manager
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Repetitive tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Work under pressure.
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending.
- Standing for extended periods.
- Sometimes work in a noisy and distracting environment.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Client focus and dependability.
- Must be a team player, flexible, reliable and organized.
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, Vulnerable Youth and Persons with Disabilities.
If interested in this position, please apply by email email@example.com or by mail to 603 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5T 3K5, with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.