Indo Canadian Voice Communications Inc.
July 16, 2020
August 10, 2020
INDO CANADIAN VOICE COMMUNICATIONS INC.
Unit 102 9360 120 Street Surrey BC V3V 4B9
Salary: $25.00/Hourly for 35 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Graphic Designers and Illustrators (5241)
NOC Job Title: Graphic Designer
Unit 102 9360 120 Street Surrey BC V3V 4B9 Canada
We are Canada’s Largest Group of Indo-Canadian Publications. VOICE has a weekly readership of 92,500 Total Circulation 25000. The VOICE is a weekly newspaper which caters to the growing South Asian population. The VOICE deals with the facts and issues that affect South Asian Community with the emphasis being placed on South Asian’s residing in British Columbia. We currently have employment opportunity for two Graphics Designers.
- Working as part of our creative team, designing and preparing multiple projects of various sizes at a given time, such as sketches, layouts and graphic elements used for our newspapers, magazines, seasonal brochures, or for the company’s marketing materials including posters, banners and brochures etc.;
- Taking responsibility for compelling design projects from conceptualization to completion, demonstrating the ability to conduct research, keep up with current trends, while delivering precise, error-free work;
- Using graphic design software to edit and enhance existing graphic designs;
- Consulting with clients to plan, create and reviewing graphic designs for their advertisements that align a vision with their needs;
- Developing the graphic elements that meet the clients' objectives
- Estimating cost of materials and time to complete graphic design
- Confirming final designs with the manager and clients before printing and making revision based on their feedback;
- Providing assistance and direction to other marketing staff and oversees and reviews the designs from subordinates;
- Solving problems approach to design projects with a keen sense of design aesthetics;
- Other relevant duties are required by the management team.
Employment Requirements (Mandatory)
- At least diploma or a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related program.
- 2-3 years experience in a Graphic Design position or related occupation.
- Excellent communication skills in English are required.
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign;
- Skilled in typesetting techniques of social media and online media, able to edit pictures;
- Self-starter and team player with strong attention to detail and a keen desire to learn and evolve skill sets.
- Ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications (asset to have)
- Have design experience related to Asian culture or Asian publishing, or media report industry is preferred.
- Intermediate Skills in edit audio and video will be asset
- Website design is an asset
Benefits Offered for the position
As per mutual agreement and BC Employment Standards Act
How to Apply
We thank all candidate for their interests, but only those candidates selected will be invited for interview.
Fax: (604) 501-6111
Mail: Unit 102 9360 120 Street Surrey BC V3V 4B9