Tayco is currently looking for a full time and ambitious Project Administration Officer to join our dynamic Team and help us reach a new vision. The Project Administration Officer works as a valuable member of our Customer Experience team to ensure we are meeting our customer’s needs
The Project Administration Officer is responsible for scheduling installations (internal and outsourced), auditing installations, following up on installation deficiencies, communicating/coordinating with Customers, collaborating with Customer Service and for ensuring that the Installation Team achieves their installation schedule objectives of quality, efficiency and Customer service while consistently and thoroughly complying with Health and Safety standards and policies, the Collective Agreement and Tayco policies and procedures.
Salary: 54,000-60,000/ year
Benefits: Group Benefits Included
Number of Positions: 1
Full time permanent position
- Create and establish the installation schedule and priorities based on Customer expectations, the production schedule, labour availability, location and transportation availability and costs while optimizing the Installers work time and minimizing overtime and travel costs.
- Coordinate external installation resources as required
- Ensure all installation reports are complete and recorded
- Ensure claims are processed for all installation deficiencies and followed up to ensure Customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with Customers to ensure site readiness and follow-up to ensure Customer satisfied with installation work.
- Collaborate with Accounting on the tracking of and control of costs reconciling all outsourced work.
- Perform regular audits to ensure customer satisification
- Meet with Sales and Customer Service monthly to ensure any issues/concerns in either area are promptly addressed
- Provide Leadership to the Installation team. Ensure the Installers are:
- Manage attendance and vacations, submitting hours worked as per Tayco installation guidelines. Input data into ADP on a timely basis.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to internal and external safety, quality and compliance requirements on an ongoing basis. Ensure WSIB protocols are followed, reported and corrective action steps are taken.
- Monitor the installation schedule; deal with daily installation issues (such as installer absenteeism, transportation breakdowns, weather, site preparedness, missing parts, etc.) in a timely, effective, cost conscious and Customer service-oriented manner to ensure on-time installation and end user and Customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the Customer Service and/or Sales Team are informed of the installation schedule and any installation changes on a timely basis.
- Make travel arrangements for out of town jobs, book plane tickets, hotels, and car rentals. Prepare paperwork for out of town jobs such as maps, letters and forms.
- Process all required Installation related documentation i.e. Installation Package/ Deficiencies/ Customer sign off, petty cash & expense reports.
- Ensure procedures and processes/systems are maintained and improved.
- Address questions from dealers and end users regarding technical concerns, installations and/or problems occurring at the job sites.
- Eliminate cost and/or waste through applying Lean principles and continuous improvement suggestions. Continuously identify and recommend ways to improve Installation processes in ensure alignment with long and short-term strategies and objectives in an effective and timely manner. Ensure deployment of 5S.
- Provide coaching and training to all Team Members under his/her direction. Provide feedback and direction on a regular basis. Actively manage poor performance and address issues amongst the team.
- Engage in the hiring process for the team.
- given timely recognition on a consistent basis,
- adhering to the Collective Agreement and weekly team meetings are held, minutes are taken and follow up on any issues raised in future meetings,
To be able to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- University or College Degree/Diploma required
- Has Coordinator or Supervisory experience in a commercial office manufacturing environment.
- Experience supervising a team of 10+ plus people
- A minimum of two (2) years of production experience within Tayco or relevant experience working in a similar environment and position.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing operations and techniques including Lean, 5S and ISO 9001-2008. Ideally, knowledgeable of an ERP system and aware how MRP functions and its relation to scheduling.
- Proficient with computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Ideally, knowledgeable of ERP/Database programs.
- Must have valid driver’s license to be able to travel to and from job sites.
Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity, using active listening techniques in order to effectively understand provided feedback, summarizes information according to the audience in order to promote engagement and increase understanding.
Makes concrete, well-informed and thought out decisions that support the overall organization. Has the ability to make quick effective decisions even when data and details are limited. When making unfavourable decisions that might have negative consequences will examine the impacts and potential implications to ensure that decision is valid for the situation.
Maintains a professional and positive manner even under changing or uncertain conditions. Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide, support, coaching, encouragement and direction. Engages others in order to accomplish organizational goals and strategies.
Networking and Relationship Building
Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships and networks of key contacts with people and colleagues, maintains partnerships that can provide information, assistance and support.
Planning and Organizing
Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects, setting out goals and objectives and work plans to complete.
Possesses the ability to break a situation down into smaller pieces to identify key issues, figuring out cause and effect relationships in
order to solve. Uses logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
Resource and Fiscal Management
Uses resources such as human capital, supplies, products, materials and other useable items effectively and with foresight to available and limited funds.
Provides superior service to both internal and external customers. Demonstrates commitment to the client, by clarifying expectations and taking the necessary steps to fulfill requests.
Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
The working conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel will be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to physically implement designs.
- Overtime as required.
- Weekend work may be required.
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing and installation.
- May be required to use PPE.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Theresa Lynch via email at email@example.com