Pinewood Hotel and Resorts Ltd.
Restaurant & Cafe
November 07, 2020
March 06, 2021
$ 20 - $ 27 per hour
Company Name: Pinewood Hotel and Resorts Ltd.
Reporting to: Kitchen Manager
Job Reference # PH471
Location: 210 Pinewood Park Drive, North Bay, ON, P1B 8Z4
Remuneration: $ 20 - $ 27 per hour
Terms of Employment: Full time, Permanent Position
Language Preference: English
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Cook to organize the kitchen’s activities in Restaurant. You will be the first in command in the facilities and will create and inspect dishes before they are delivered to the customers ensuring high quality and contentment. We seek a creative and proficient candidate who is qualified in all aspects of food preparation. You will be in command and maintain complete control of the kitchen.
- To prepare and/or be responsible for the preparation/delivery of all foods for guests;
- To review menus and production sheets before preparing meals and prepare and serve them properly and attractively;
- To ensure use of proper food handling techniques;
- To complete daily temperature audits for fridge, freezers and storerooms and record findings on daily audit form;
- To participate actively in planning/preparing special occasion and theme meal days;
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures;
- Keep the work area, utensils and production equipment clean and sanitized
- Be a leader in demonstrating behaviours consistent with Recipe's Principles
- Assisting in the orientation and training of new team members.
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent combination
- Minimum 7 months to 1 year of experience as a cook.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment
- Able to work a flexible schedule (i.e. days, nights, weekends)
Apply at: email@example.com