Food Republic Inc. T/A ZULYA - Indian Arabian Fusion BBQ & Grill
Cooks & Kitchen Helpers
July 23, 2020
March 22, 2021
1. Preparing and Cook food especially Biryani, Mandi, Kabsa, rumali roti, and other authentic Indian & Arabic food dishes as per our recipes.
2. Ensure quality of food and determine the size of food proportions.
3. Train support staff in cooking, preparation, and handling of food.
4. Manage kitchen operations and staff by scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers.
5. Work safely with specialized cooking equipment like BBQ Smokers, mobile BBQ Smokers, Gas Tandoor Grills, Commercial Baking Ovens ... etc.
6. Maintain inventory & records of food, supplies, and equipment.
5. Strictly adhere to COVID-19 health guidelines for the kitchen area.
Reference ID: ZULYA-FUSION COOK
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Discounted or Free Food
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
All employees are provided with safety equipment, face masks, pocket hand sanitizers and we implemented strict guidelines on social distancing, employee screening for COVID symptoms, and regular workplace sanitization.
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English / French (Required)
- Prepare, season, and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Maintain inventory and record of food, supplies, and equipment
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Operate an industrial dishwasher, washing dishes and glassware by hand when necessary
- Unload dishes, silverware, and glassware promptly and store them in the appropriate places
- Assist chefs and waitstaff as required, especially during peak hours
- Escalate major issues when necessary (e.g. safety risks, equipment failure)
- Other duties as requested