Permanent, Full time:37.5 to 40 Hours / Week
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Welders may specialize in certain types of welding such as custom fabrication, shipbuilding, and repair, aerospace precision welding, pressure vessel welding, pipeline construction welding, structural construction welding, or machinery and equipment repair welding.
- Operate previously set up welding machines such as spot, butt, and seam resistance or gas and arc welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts
- Operate previously set up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal parts or to fill holes, indentations, and seams of metal articles with solder
- The startup shut down, adjust and monitor the robotic welding production line
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing, and soldering equipment
- May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications.
English Panjabi; Punjabi
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Sitting, Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information
Willing to relocate
Work Site Environment
Outdoors, Noisy, Hot, Confined spaces, Odours, Dusty
Organized, Flexibility, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player
Area of Specialization