0499692 B.C LTD. O/A SUBWAY
Accounting & bookkeeping
September 29, 2020
January 28, 2021
$36.00-$37.00/hourly for 35-40 hrs weekly schedule
Job Position: General Accountant (NOC 1111)
Work Location: 499692 B.C Ltd., O/A Subway, 208-715 Victoria Street West, Prince George, B.C V2L 2K5 (Business Office location)
Salary: $ 36.00 to $37.00/Hourly on 35 to 40 hours/week work schedule
Vacancy: One (1)
Terms of employment: Permanent Full-Time
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Days Flexible Hours
Education: University Degree in Commerce, Business or Economics or College diploma with equivalent experience
Experience: (minimum 4-5 years of progressive work experience in an Accounting role)
The role of the General Accountant will be to support the Controller/General Manager in the overall delivery of our finance services. The ideal candidate will work closely with all members of the team, as well as clients, in order to complete full-cycle accounting functions. You will need to maintain accurate, timely, and concise reporting, be able to quickly adapt to a fast-paced environment, and efficiently service multiple stakeholders at a high level of quality.
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet control accounts;
- Completing tax reporting and other government statutory remittances to ensure compliance with legislated bodies;
- Completing accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and ensure these activities occur within acceptable timelines;
- Ensure that the purchases/payables/payments cycle complies with Company policy.
- Recommend and implement process and financial policy improvements.
- Ensure that the sales/purchases/receivables/receipts cycles comply with Company policy.
- Review and analyse aged A/R and A/P sub-ledgers and identify any potential issues.
- Prepare for and participate in weekly cashflow meetings with clients
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements, forecasting, and budgeting
- Support the payroll team with accurate and timely employee’s information updates
- Monitor accounts for non-payment and delayed payment. Follow up when necessary
- Create all monthly reporting, for management, for the different government agencies
- Actively supporting budgeting and forecasting activities for the management.
- Monitor and ensure all outgoing payments in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensure general journal entries in accordance with Company policy.
- Oversee month-end close and account reconciliations.
- Update and maintain the Master Accounting Manual.
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues, and improve profits
- Supervise and train articling students, Jr. accountants or administrative assistants.
- A university degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business, Accounting, Economics) or College diploma with equivalent experience
- A total of 4-5 years progressive work experience in bookkeeping and as Accountant/ Accountant assistant in various industries or within an accounting firm
- Ability to work with little supervision in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Superior accounting knowledge.
- Ability to handle and prioritize many work assignments at once.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to focus on details.
TO APPLY: Send resume including a cover letter via email.
Name of the Company: 499692 B.C Ltd. O/O as Subway, 208-715 Victoria Street West, Prince George, B.C V2L 2K5