Roti Cuisine of India
(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code: 6322 )
Roti Cuisine of India is one of Toronto’s authentic East Indian restaurants specializing in high quality vegetarian and meat roti. Our goal is to bring a traditional culinary experience of East Indian cuisine. We prepare our food with care and joy from authentic recipes. Roti Cuisine of India is inspired by tradition, seasoning and the nostalgia of home-made roti in East Indian homes.
COMPANY OPERATING NAME: Roti Cuisine of India
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 308 Dupont Street, Toronto, Ontario M5R 1V9, Canada
We are looking to add to our team a passionate and responsible Cook who can work collaboratively to manage all responsibilities related to kitchen operations and maintenance. Someone who is passionate about food and the hospitality industry and bring their experience in authentic East Indian cuisine. Our ideal cook is a motivated self-starter that can anticipate any problems before they happen. This person, should have the ability to work in a dynamic team environment, multitask, and effectively communicate.
JOB TITLE: Cook
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- Preparing and cooking complete meals including authentic East Indian food, high quality traditional appetizers, biryani, and other dishes on the menu.
- Prepare Vegetarian, and Meat Roti, and all accompanying sauces.
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, monitor and order supplies.
- May hire and train kitchen staff, scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers daily, weekly and monthly.
- Plating, assembling and garnishing of all food products in a uniform manner.
- Monitor all dishes leaving the kitchen to ensure quality and good presentation of all food adapting recipes to special requests such as allergies and special diets.
- Complete all aspects of the job in a manner that will not affect the speed or quality of customer service at any time.
- Working knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices, washing and cleaning of ﬂoors, crockery, utensils and other kitchen equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene, health, safety and sanitary standards are maintained in the kitchen.
- Maintain clean and safe kitchen environment adhering to food safety rules, quality and control standards.
- Receiving, storage and preparation of all food products according to Roti Cuisine of India’s speciﬁcations and practices, as well as overseeing kitchen operations.
- Maintaining proper inventory levels of prepared products, supplies and equipment.
- Communicate with customers, staff and management in a friendly, yet professional manner.
- Other related duties as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of secondary school is usually required
- Ability to communicate in English
- One year of cooking experience
- Good knowledge in the areas of Authentic East Indian Cuisine
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Work under pressure
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending
- Standing for extended periods
- Capable of lifting/pushing heavy objects weighing over 40 lbs
- Sometimes work in a noisy and distracting environment
- Work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Spatial awareness and ability to navigate a busy kitchen
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Client focus and dependability
- Must be a team player, flexible, reliable and organized
- Must be available before and after hours to open and close the restaurant as required
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, Full-time, Long-term.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
WAGES: $16.00 per hour
OVERTIME: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer.
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis.
LOCATION OF WORK: 308 Dupont Street, Toronto, Ontario M5R 1V9, Canada
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Vulnerable Youth.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume and a cover letter by email to us firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 308 Dupont Street, Toronto, Ontario M5R 1V9, Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.