Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion;
- Prepare and cook individual dishes or entire meals
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with our restaurant’s and food safety guidelines;
Required Education & Experience;
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year of experience in the culinary industry;
- Completion of high school diploma is mandatory;
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills;
- Advanced English language knowledge;
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively
- Self-disciplined, eager to learn, and have a passion for the food and service industry
- A passion for food and working with high-quality, fresh ingredients.
Pay Rate/ Salary: $15 per hour
Benefits- 4% vacation pay, Medical and dental benefits after 1 year of Full-Time employment.
If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are asked to apply based on the options above, phone calls will not be accepted.
This position is open to all qualified applicants & only those shortlisted will be notified.