Junior Academy is intentionally a small school. Our community environment ensures every teacher knows each child and each child knows every teacher. An inclusive atmosphere creates a sense of belonging that streams through our hallways-nurturing both teachers and students alike. As a result, Junior Academy excels at building self-esteem and confidence in students. Junior Academy’s teaching philosophy focuses on individuals. Each child’s learning style is understood and embraced and with this knowledge, teachers inspire their students to reach their potential.
Our teachers work together to ensure that all children-from gifted students to average learners to those needing more support-are taught in ways that enable them to succeed. This flexibility in determining what works best for each student is admired and appreciated by our parents.
POSITION: Music Teacher, Kindergarten-Grade 8
Start Date: January 2021
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hours of Work:
- Part-time permanent position- Tuesday-Thursday 10:50 am-3:30pm. Up to 15 hrs/week
Job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for classes ranging from 10-14 students.
- Lesson preparation for music classes (vocal and instrumental) for students from Kindergarten to Grade 8.
- delivery of curriculum content using a variety of teaching methods including Orff, and assessment, reporting and parent communication.
- Participate in school-based team meetings
- Follow provisions in student Individual Education Plans.
- Mandatory participation in extra-curricular activities such as leading a music club and be able to plan, prepare and execute dynamic performances throughout the year.
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer, and correct submissions, tests and exams for students
- Evaluate the process of students and discuss results with students, parents and school administration.
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of directly related educational experience.
- The incumbent will be responsible for working with varying learning profiles and have are required to have Special Education training and experience.
- Orff methodology level 3 is strongly preferred.
- Minimum education requirements: Bachelor of Arts Degree (B.A) and Bachelor of Education (B. Ed)
Salary: $42.31/hr year for an average of 15 hours per week.
Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.