Vi-La Palace Vietnamese restaurant
Restaurant & Cafe
August 05, 2020
July 04, 2021
$14.60 per hour
Work in a family environment with Vi-La Palace Vietnamese restaurant!
We are looking for candidate who is qualified for line cook's position. Line Cooks are kitchen staff cooking dishes, preparing food materials, and implementing equipment maintenance in different cooking sections (fry section, wok section and grill section). A great career for foodies with a definite chance for advancement as well as a stable full-time job for students or anyone with an interest in Vietnamese cuisine.
- 107-3240 Mt Lehman Rd, Abbotsford, BC
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and cook various Vietnamese or Thai meals based on high volume food orders.
- Prepare food materials, such as raw meat, food garnishments, and eating utensils.
- Ensure the quality of food and determine size of food proportions.
- Work with minimal supervision and with other team members in an efficient way.
- Manage kitchen operations while estimating food requirements and costs.
- Ensure all the raw materials are handled and stored properly based upon food safety regulations.
- Observe and test food items and make sure they are adequately cooked
- Train staff in preparation, cooking, and handling of food.
- Clean kitchen and work areas.
- A valid work permit is needed for international candidates.
- Food Handler Certification or equivalent is required.
- Be flexible for working shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Basic Knowledge of English Language is required.
- Can work at a fast pace under heavy pressure.
- Must be able to lift at least 60 lbs and stand for a long time.
- Prior experience is a strong asset but not necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.60/Hr for 40hrs/week
Experience: Line Cook: 1 year (Required)
Education: Secondary School (Preferred)
How to Apply:
If eligible, please reply to this job posting with your resume through email: email@example.com