AWAAZ PUBLISHING LTD.
Unit 102 9360 120 Street Surrey BC V3V 4B9
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00 per hour for 30 hours per week
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent, Part-time, Day, Morning, Evening, Shift, On call, Weekends
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
NOC Group: Photographer (5221)
NOC Job Title: Photographer
Various locations mainly in lower mainland BC with business address Unit 102 9360 120 Street Surrey BC V3V 4B9
• Receive or pick up a job assignment. With the designated location given, travel to that site, tracks down the target or event in the area, capture from many different angles and special lenses and lighting are used to enhance the appearance of the photographs
• Use a wide range of photography technologies to capture, store and edit images for use by news businesses
• Setup and break down professional photography equipment
• Study requirements of a particular assignment and decide on type of camera, film, lighting and background accessories to be used
• Determine picture composition, make technical adjustments to equipment and photograph subject
• Operate scanners to transfer photographic images to computers
• Operate computers to manipulate photographic images
• Adapt existing photographic images and create new digitized images to be included in multimedia/new media products
• Use delicate instruments, such as optical microscopes attached to cameras
• Use airbrush, computer or other techniques to retouch negatives
• Bachelor's degree in visual arts with specialization in photography or Completion of a college program in visual arts or related program is required.
• 2-3 years of experience in commercial computerized photography or digital imaging is required or Extensive on-the-job training for 3-5 years under the supervision of a photographer is required.
• Excellent communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of Punjabi language will be an asset to have.
• Creative and technical ability, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are required.
• Class 5 license from ICBC will be an asset
Benefits Offered for the position
As per mutual agreement and BC Employment Standards Act. A company vehicle will be provided for transportation.
How to Apply
We thank all candidate for their interests, but only those candidates selected will be invited for interview.
Fax: (604) 501-6111
Mail: Unit 102 9360 120 Street Surrey BC V3V 4B9