Indo Canadian Voice Communications Inc.
Printing & Publishing
November 12, 2020
-48 days left
INDO CANADIAN VOICE COMMUNICATIONS INC.
Unit 102 9360 120 Street Surrey BC V3V 4B9
Salary: $25.00/Hourly for 35 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Editors (5122)
NOC Job Title: Editor
Unit 102 9360 120 Street Surrey BC V3V 4B9 Canada
We are Canada’s Largest Group of Indo-Canadian Publications. VOICE has a weekly readership of 92,500 Total Circulation 25000. The VOICE is a weekly newspaper which caters to the growing South Asian population. The VOICE deals with the facts and issues that affect South Asian Community with the emphasis being placed on South Asian’s residing in British Columbia. We currently have employment opportunity for Editor.
- Evaluate suitability of manuscripts, articles, news copy and wire service dispatches for publication, broadcast or electronic media and recommend or make changes in content, style and organization
- Read and edit copy to be published or broadcast to detect and correct errors in spelling, grammar and syntax, and shorten or lengthen copy as space or time requires
- Confer with authors, staff writers, reporters and others regarding revisions to copy
- Plan and implement layout or format of copy according to space or time allocations and significance of copy
- Plan and co-ordinate activities of staff and assure production deadlines are met
- Plan coverage of upcoming events and assign work accordingly
- Write or prepare introductions, marketing and promotional materials, bibliographic references, indexes and other text
- Negotiate royalties with authors and arrange for payment of freelance staff.
- Prepare drafts for news, sports or features, publication etc.
- A bachelor's degree in English,journalism, or mass communication or a related discipline is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in journalism, writing, publishing or a related field are required.
- Membership in the Editors Association of Canada will be an asset to have but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication skills in English are required.
Benefits Offered for the position
As per mutual agreement and BC Employment Standards Act
How to Apply
We thank all candidate for their interests, but only those candidates selected will be invited for interview.
Fax: (604) 501-6111
Mail: Unit 102 9360 120 Street Surrey BC V3V 4B9