Cardio Health Incorporation
December 10, 2020
April 09, 2021
$38 per hour
- Performing diagnostic cardiac sonography procedures using independent judgment to accurately differentiate between normal and pathological findings.
- Ability to acquire excellent images.
- Prepare examination reports for physicians; Operate ultrasound imaging equipment to produce and record images
- Monitor examination to evaluate quality and consistency of diagnostic images, and make adjustments to equipment, as required.
- Record, store and process scanned images by using camera unit connected to the ultrasound equipment
- Evaluate, collate and provide the impression of exam.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and physical comfort of patients while they are in your care.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of procedures
- Maintains efficiency and effective work practices
- Supervise and train 1 to 2 staff and sonographers.
- Monitor examination to evaluate quality and consistency of diagnostic images and equipment, manage repairs, and make adjustments and making sure smooth operations.
- Efficiently and effectively Operating ultrasound imaging equipment that transmits high frequency sound pulses
- Support the team by performing duties such as: entering relevant data into the diagnostic imaging information system; preparing patients for specific procedures; and conducting examinations utilizing ultrasound equipment and techniques.
- Preparing written and electronic reports required to document all procedures and test results
- Recording sonographs, recording and depositing the scans to HHC storage
Qualifications/ Skills required:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as Echocardiography/ Cardio vascular technologist-sonographer.
- University or college education in Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences, General/ and diploma in Echocardiography/ Cardio vascular technologist/ Diagnostic Medical Sonography/Sonographer and Ultrasound Technician.
- Registered/Certified with Sonography Canada/CRCS/ CMRTO/CMRITO or the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) and/or have passed the Sonography Canada Skills Assessment (CCSA).
- Require good knowledge of cardiac anatomy
- Experience in Stress Echo and Contrast bubble study, Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography, pericardiocentesis is an asset
- Experience in hospital or clinical environment is preferred
- CPR/ Standard First Aid certificate required.
- Detailed knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by Sonography Canada is required
- Comprehensive knowledge of PACS/radiology information systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval is required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others is valued
- Required expert skills in Ultrasound techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies
- Must be physically fit to perform the job duties
- Should have experience in using Philips Epiq 7c, Philips CX50, Philips iE33 Matrix, Philips iE33, Sequoia Siemens Acuson C512, GE Vivid I Portable, Samsung H60, Velox Imaging (PACS)
Number of positions offered: 1
Terms of employment: Full-time, Permanent, indeterminate
Location: 60 Granton drive, Unit #107, Richmond Hill, Toronto, Ontario, L4B2N6
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week/ 8 hours per day
Pay Rate: $38.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday
One-month training will be provided to the selected candidate.
Eligible candidates need to send their resume to: email@example.com , mentioning Job ID, 001, in the subject line